CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Watch ~ Write ~ Wait

Habakkuk 2:1
I will stand my watch And set myself on the rampart, And watch to see what He will say to me, And what I will answer when I am corrected.


Those that expect to hear from God must withdraw from the world, and get above it, must raise their attention, fix their thought, study the scriptures, consult experiences and the experienced, continue instant in prayer, and thus set themselves upon the tower.
(Matthew Henry Complete Commentary)


Lord, I so need to stand here and look up, fix my eyes on you, and you alone. Be above my circumstances. You have been with me thus far and I know that you will continue to be. I see not only in my life your faithfulness but in others as well. You are it! All that is needed! I will stand here patiently and watch for what you are doing and saying. And when you speak, my heart wants to say "Yes!" Lord. Yes to what you would have me do, yes to what you would have me to say. Yes Lord, yes!

Habakkuk 2:2-3
Then the Lord answered me and said: "Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.

Lord, I have written the things you've laid on my heart for myself, others, and your church. And I will read it often to remind myself to watch. For I know that you will answer. And your answer will not disappoint. Your ways are right.
My hour on the wall is over, but I will still wait on you and watch for you. And when you answer ~ I will run! I will praise you! I will sing of your goodness! I will rejoice in you always! I will tell the world how wonderful you are!

Habakkuk 2:4
Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.

Those that are made just by faith shall live, shall be happy here and for ever; while they are here, they live by it; when they come to heaven faith shall be swallowed up in vision.
(Matthew Henry Complete Commentary)

My faith is in you alone. I will not be proud. Who am I? You will do your good work. That is all I have asked. My faith in you gives me joy! It lifts me above my circumstances into your presence, which is exactly where I want to be. You are Holy. Good. All-powerful. Just. A strong tower and shelter. And in you I will rest all the days of my life.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You've been at His feet!! I can tell!! Thanks for inviting us to share in your joy!!

Love you girl!!

Beverly said...

Oooh, I can tell you had a great hour of prayer this morning!!!!

And yes I am thankful too that we are still together. I praise God for your friendship and I look forward to where God will lead us in our futures. You are so special and your insight that God gives you speaks to me so much. I'm thankful that you give yourself to Him every day so that I can share what He shars with you.

Have an awesome weekend and I'll see you Sunday!

Edie said...

Hi Regina - Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining our Random Question discussion. I love your blog. This really spoke to me, I did kind of a double take.

Have a great weekend!