CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

He Did This For Me . . .

I've read the following scripture a zillion times before
but never together, comparing them to each other.
Let me just say - I'm forever changed by it.

Matthew 27:45-46
From the sixth hour until the ninth hour
darkness came over all the land.
About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice,
"Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" —which means,
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers,
neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness;
and be content with such things as ye have:
for he hath said,
"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

5 comments:

LynnSC said...

Jesus loves me, this I know!!

Lynn

Joy Junktion said...

Beautifully combined.
I love how scripture comes together.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice words.
I'll be back.
Blessings, Cindy

Beverly said...

Doesn't He always do the things we need! He is so good to us!

Aunt Angie said...

Oh Regina---thanks for this verse reminder of HIS Love today!
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life,neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future,nor any powers,neither height nor depth,nor anything else in all creation,will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
I love that!!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Regina:
Glad to see your back blogging. You've been missed. I always appreciate your valuable insights, especially the most recent ones from Beth's simulcast.

Expect the test, digging the roots.

I get it. I'm living it.

Hope your transition to the school year is going well. I haven't forgotten you and your family in my prayers.

peace~elaine