CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

A True Portrait

When you think of Jesus what do you see in your mind's eye?

I used to see that old Sunday School picture of Him with long wavy hair, a thin face, and a Mona Lisa smile. You know the one! To be honest there was a day in my life when I would look at that picture and wonder what all the fuss is about. BUT not anymore because I have met Him face to face. And He has shattered that old view and is showing me a true portrait of who He is.

Let me share it with you:

He is someone who is wise . . . Luke 2:52
He is someone who makes house calls . . . Luke 4:38-39
He is someone who gives purpose . . . Luke 5:8-11
He is someone who forgives . . . Luke 5:24
He is someone who has compassion . . . Luke 7:13
He is someone who heals . . . Luke 8:47
He is someone who can . . . Luke 9:37-42
He is someone who empowers . . . Luke 10:1-2
He is someone who rejoices . . . Luke 10:21
He is someone who is stronger . . . Luke 11:21-23
He is someone who values you & I . . . Luke 12:24
He is someone who longs to draw us near . . . Luke 13:34
He is someone who runs . . . Luke 15:20
He is someone who mourns . . . Luke 19:41-42
He is someone who has zeal . . . Luke 19:45-46

The list could go on for days and He is continuously showing me more of Him.
When I think of Him now this is what I see . . .




Oh Lord,
May I never look away! Fix my eyes on You, and shatter any view I have that is not a true portrait of who You are. You are worthy of all my worship this day, and every day. Amen

3 comments:

Beverly said...

My list goes on and on as to who He is to me.....thanks for sharing

LynnSC said...

Yahoo! Awesome post Regina. He is... everything we need. I love all the references you gave.
Love ya,
Lynn

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Isn't that just the best video? It stunned me when I first saw it. So glad to know my Jesus as he truly is and not just how the world wants to "paint" him. Hope all is well.

peace~elaine